Friday, August 24, 2007

off to a show again

So its that time again, off to a show! cary nc for lazy daze, hope its a goodin. wow, so its like fall is chasing me down. Lisa is back in school full time again, and evan starts montessori up next week. last year i worried that the school days would interrupt my studio time to an unhealthy extent. now this year i am looking forward to school starting, it adds a certain amount of structure to the day that really pushes me to organize my time more wisely, plus it pushes studio time into the late evening hours, nothing like finishing a pot at 1 0r 1 a.m.! the silence and solitude is great. I am currently in a rush to make a small batch of pots for a firing in mark peters kiln I use to fire his kiln with him on a regular basis until the anagama was finished. That's the hard thing about a large anagama kiln. i can not just organize a firing when i need it! my crew all have jobs or are potters filling and firing their own kilns, so i have to schedule firings far in advance. i do need a smaller kiln (do i hear train whistles?) But i do need to fill in some holes in my inventory for my upcoming shows and still generate a full load for my November anagama firing. A quick word about Mr. Peters, he was there in a capacity like no other (except my wife!) when we got started over here. He always had space in his kiln for me and at one point was even letting me fire the wood kiln when he was out of town, now that is generosity! a good man indeed, thanks mark! ok sponge bob mac and cheese is done, gotta run evans hungry! (dont judge or hate the sponge bob!) later shane

No comments: